HBA Names 2018 BoardJan 30, 2018 10:30AM ● By Kathleen Maris
The Home Builders Association of Greenville has elected its 2018 board of directors. James Speer, partner at CarsonSpeer Builders, will serve as president of the board for a one-year term.
“To be recognized by my peers and to be able to serve them as president of the board of directors for the HBA of Greenville is a great honor,” Speer said. “We’ve been able to accomplish a lot for the building community in Greenville and we plan to continue pushing that positive momentum onward and upward.”
Speer holds an Approved Professional Builder distinction. He was initially drawn to the Upstate region in 2012 when he partnered with Steve Carson to form CarsonSpeer, a company specializing in custom homes construction and high-end remodels. James started his residential building career in Orlando, Fla. with Speer Homes and was previously in commercial construction.
· Matt Shouse, LS Residential—President Elect
· Bill Kane, Ryan Homes—Vice President
· Alan Wilson, Clark’s Termite and Pest Control—Associate Vice President
· Bob Barreto, GBS Building Supply—Immediate Past President
· Ben Mosely, The Heirloom Companies—Secretary/Treasurer
· Chris Bailey, Stoneledge Properties, LLC—Director
· Jarrett Smith, Smith and Webb, LLC—Director
· Scott Presley, Oconee Federal—Director
· Dave Hagan, Ryan Homes—Director
· Dustin Hughes, Jeff Lynch Appliance and TV Center—Director
· Nichole Moore, Berkshire Hathaway C. Dan Joyner—Director and Chairwoman of the Professional Women in Building Council of the Upstate
· Sarah Ratcliff, Michael’s Janitorial and Floor Service—Director and Chairwoman of the Professional Women in Building Council of the Upstate