Southeastern Grocers (SEG), home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys, and Winn-Dixie stores, announces its transformation of private label product, which will span approximately 3,000 items across all categories throughout each banner specific store throughout 2017.
To date, Southeastern Grocers has tested more than 2,330 own brand items, which led to improved quality reformulations on more than 2,260 products, and over the next year, the roll-out across all stores will provide greater quality, greater value, and differentiation to customers without increasing the price.
Ian McLeod, president and CEO of Southeastern Grocers, said, “Not only are we transforming by investing in our stores and in lower prices, but we are also investing in the quality of our products. I am pleased to announce our largest-ever program of product development, with the launch of three new and refreshed Southeastern Grocers brands –SE Grocers Essentials, SE Grocers, and Prestige.
“By purchasing new Southeastern Grocers own brand items, customers will enjoy known brand quality at own brand price savings between 20 and 30 percent on their groceries… and if you don’t agree, then you can have the own brand product on us. We are committed to providing quality products to our customers.”
Southeastern Grocers is also launching three new brands, which will be appearing in store through the coming months. These new brands are:
- SE Grocers Essentials - Quality at an affordable price. These products offer everyday value for all customers looking for reliable, budget household basics.
- SE Grocers - These products have been developed to quality benchmarks as close, if not better than, the taste and quality currently offered by the established brands already in the market, but at significantly lower prices.
- Prestige - The brand offers customers a selection of specialty and indulgent products at a price that is still affordable. Our Prestige Ice Cream has already been awarded “Best French Vanilla Ice Cream” in America.
Southeastern Grocers has put its focus on improving the overall quality of the own brand products offered across the four grocery brands in the southeast, including the development of a test kitchen and sensory lab tasting facility at their Florida headquarters.
The SEG Sensory Lab has been utilized to conduct both product development and consumer taste-testing trials throughout the year to capture valuable insights on its own brand product line.
Southeastern Grocers understands customers are seeking fresh, healthy, affordable food, which has led to substantial enhancements across the entire own brand product line, including:
- More than 2,280 products with no artificial colors
- More than 2,160 products with no artificial flavors
- More than 2,650 products with no MSG
- More than 2,640 products with no trans fat
- More than 2,240 products with no high fructose corn syrup.
About Southeastern Grocers:
Southeastern Grocers, LLC, is the fifth-largest conventional supermarket chain in the U.S. and the second-largest conventional supermarket in the southeast based on store count. The company employs nearly 60,000 associates who serve customers in grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies throughout the seven southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina. BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie are well-known and well-respected regional brands with deep heritages, strong neighborhood ties, proud histories of giving back, talented and loyal associates, and strong commitments to providing the best possible quality and value to customers. For more information, visit www.bi-lo.com, www.frescoymas.com, www.harveyssupermarkets.com and www.winndixie.com.