Furman Recognizes Graduates Of Women's Leadership Institute
Jul 08, 2019 10:30AM
The Women’s Leadership Institute (WLI) of Furman University recently recognized the following Class of 2019 graduates:
- Tina Belge, Greenville County
- Deanna Berry, McWhorter Capital Partners
- Katherine Boda, Furman University
- Jamie Bryant, Christ Church Episcopal School
- Rachel Cavin, Lockheed Martin
- Donna Cox, Furman University
- Erin Culbertson, Kehl Culbertson Andrighetti, LLC
- Dawanda Evans, Newell Brands - Process Solutions
- Yukichi Hagins, Yukichi Hagins Realty
- Tracy Harper, Fluor Corporation
- Nichelle Harrison, The MAP Agency
- Sommer Johnson, Timken
- Jennifer Maness, Prisma Health-Upstate
- Allison McGarity, Simpsonville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Heidi Medlin, Fluor Corporation
- Tami Miller, Greenville Chamber of Commerce
- Gaia Phillips, Greenville County Schools
- Lauren Prunkl, Furman University
- Lisa Rouby, Michelin
- Karina Santos, Michelin
- Brandy Sperry, GHS Eye Institute
- Johanna Stoddard, Gregory Pest Solutions
- Laura Turner, Prisma Health-Upstate
- Valida Walker, Sherman College of Chiropractic
WLI provides an engaging educational forum for executives and senior managers from diverse backgrounds and disciplines in corporations, law, governmental agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations. The goal of WLI is to enhance vital leadership skills and form a collaborative, lasting network of relationships by working with one another.
“An understanding of the complex dynamics involved in achieving true success as a leader requires insight into one’s personal leadership style and keen business acumen. The seminars offered during each session include a comprehensive view of concepts and strategies that have immediate and practical application in real-world work environments,” said Sam Tisdale, director of Furman’s Center for Corporate and Professional Development.
WLI explores topics such as negotiation and conflict resolution, communication skills, the psychology behind success, network diversity, leadership styles, best practices for shared success, public speaking, life balance, and time management.
WLI extends the invitation to participate in an immersive experience with a nationally-recognized liberal arts university, esteemed faculty, and accomplished business leaders. The 2020 Institute will be held January through May on the Furman University campus. Applications will be accepted online beginning Aug. 1, 2019.
For more information about Women’s Leadership Institute at Furman University, contact Sam Tisdale at 864-294-2156, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit the website at www.furman.edu/cpd. Or contact the Furman News and Media Relations office at 864-294-3107.