Let There Be Mom Announces Student Ambassador Program
May 22, 2019 10:23AM
Let There Be Mom just launched its first Student Ambassador Program. Rising High School Juniors and Seniors within the organization’s service area (Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson counties) are encouraged to apply to be a part of the premier SA team. Applications are open May 20 – June 7.
The organization is hoping to have two students, one Junior and one Senior, from each high school to represent their schools for the 2019-2020.
Students will be responsible for:
- Meeting as a group with LTBM representatives throughout the school year – not more than 1 time per month. Meetings will last approximately 1-1.5 hours and food will be provided.
- Providing contact information of faculty members who are club sponsors (focusing on clubs with community service requirements).
- Following up with faculty members regarding volunteer opportunities for their groups.
- Posting/promoting Volunteer/Event Opportunities on school bulletin boards and personal social media.
- Encouraging other students to volunteer with LTBM.
- Taking advantage of opportunity school staff gives them to speak about LTBM to faculty & students.
- Providing their own transportation.
- Speaking to their previous Middle & Elementary Schools staff/students, when appropriate.
- Appearing/speaking to local media, if needed.
- LTBM will invite community leaders to meeting to provide coaching/tips on various topics including communication, resume writing, personal presentation, working in groups, etc.
- Students will gain valuable knowledge & leadership skills useful for life after graduation.
- Students will receive a minimum of 20 volunteer hours for the school year, with the opportunity for many more.
- Students will receive a Student Ambassador T-shirt, designed by the group.
- Students will receive graduation cords for your leadership and participation.
How to Apply:
High School Juniors and Seniors in the Upstate of SC who attend public or private school are eligible. Students must complete the online application, provide a letter of recommendation, have approval from school, and participate in an in-person interview. Applications are available at LetThereBeMom.org