USC Upstate, SunTrust Partner For Financial Literacy ProgramAug 31, 2018 04:25PM ● By Kathleen Maris
SunTrust Bank will partner with the University of South Carolina Upstate’s George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics to host a five-week financial literacy program for USC Upstate students, faculty, staff, and the community.
The series will be held Tuesdays beginning Sept. 4 and run through Oct. 2, 2018 beginning at 12:10 p.m. in the BMW Classroom located at The George, 160 E. St. John St., downtown Spartanburg.
Class dates and topics include:
- Introduction, Money Basics and Credit Scores – Sept. 4
- Education, Career, Debt and Meeting Financial Goals – Sept. 11
- Budget for Job and Big Purchases: Buying a Car – Sept. 18
- Big Purchases – Buying a Home, Insurance and Savings – Sept. 25
- Investments, Retirement Savings and Top Money Mistakes – Oct. 2
The class will be led by USC Upstate instructor Becky Goessel. With more than 20 years of experience, Goessel has a strong background in big four accounting, auditing, financial analysis, month-end closing, financial reporting, corporate budgeting, and management reporting. She is a certified public accountant (CPA) and Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
The program is free for USC Upstate students; $25 for faculty, staff, and USC Upstate retirees; and $50 for community members. Lunch is provided.