Clemson University Foundation Names New Board Members
Jul 20, 2018 11:51AM
By Kathleen Maris
Main photo: Bob Hambright, chair. Gallery: Kenneth Smith, vice chair.
Six new members have joined the Clemson University Foundation board of directors for four-year terms beginning July 1.
- Marion “Bill” Beason of Shelby, N.C., who graduated from Clemson in 1961 with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial management and is the retired founder of B&W Fiberglass;
- John “Dan” D. Garrison of Cypress, Texas, who received a Bachelor of Science in business administration from Clemson in 1972 and is retired senior vice president of sales for Service Corporation International;
- Leon “Jim” J. Hendrix III, president and co-owner of The Graphic Cow custom apparel company in Greenville, who earned a Bachelor of Arts in economics and history from Clemson in 1998 and an MBA from the University of Chicago in 2003;
- Raymond E. Jones of The Woodlands, Texas, vice president of ExxonMobil Production Company, who graduated from Clemson in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering;
- Barton “Bart” A. Proctor of Sunset, CEO of Pye-Barker Fire & Safety Inc. headquartered in Charleston, who has one child who is a sophomore at Clemson and two more who are alumni; and
- Stephanie “Desiree” D. Visceglia of Brooklyn, New York, a tax partner in Ernst & Young’s Tax group, who graduated from Clemson in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in accounting and in 1993 with a Master of Professional Accountancy.
Another director recently filled a vacant seat on the board. Sharon Meckelnburg Struthers of Greenville, Del., graduated from Clemson in 1981 with a degree in finance before a 17-year career at MBNA.
The board also elected Robert B. Hambright of Blowing Rock, N.C. as its chair and Kenneth L. Smith of Greenville as vice chair.
Hambright is former CEO and division president of Balfour Beatty Construction. He graduated from Clemson University in 1970 with a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering and he has an MBA from Winthrop University.
Smith is CEO of HEPACO LLC, a provider of environmental and emergency response services. Before that, he held various leadership positions at Fluor Corp. He graduated from Clemson in 1981 with a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering.