USC Upstate To Award 793 Degrees During Commencement
May 01, 2018 02:43PM ● Published by Kathleen Maris
The University of South Carolina Upstate will award degrees to 793 student at its May Commencement at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 8, 2018. The ceremony will be held on the main quadrangle located directly behind the John C. Stockwell Administration Building.
Dr. Brendan Kelly, chancellor of USC Upstate, and Dr. Harris Pastides, president of the USC, will preside over the ceremony. Tia Greene, Student Government Association president, will bring greets to graduates on behalf of the student body.
Facts about the Class of 2018:
- Members hail from seven countries, 15 states, and the Cayman Islands
- 736 graduates are from South Carolina
- 67 members of this graduating class have one or more family members who also graduated from USC Upstate
Special recognition during the ceremony:
- In addition to receiving a bachelor’s degree, four graduates will also be commissioned as officers in the United States Army
- Two faculty members will be recognized with the USC Upstate Excellence in Teaching and Advising Awards
- One faculty member will be recognized with the USC Upstate Award for Scholarly and/or Creative Pursuits
- One faculty member will be recognized with the USC Upstate Annual Award for Faculty Excellence in Service
In case of rain, the commencement ceremony will be moved to the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium. Media will be notified early Tuesday, May 8, if the rain plan is put into effect.