Greenville Chamber to Host First Diversity & Inclusion Summit Oct. 17th
Oct 03, 2017 12:29PM
● By Emily Stevenson
Viewing diversity and inclusion as a leadership function is vital for professional and personal development. The full-day summit will focus on “Leveraging Human Difference: A Strategic Priority for Business Success and Community Prosperity” with two keynote sessions, workshops and a LEVERAGE. LAUNCH. LEAD. Networking Reception.
“Years of experience have taught us that a diverse, inclusive workplace and society doesn’t just happen," says Dr. Nika White, senior advisor to the Greenville Chamber's Diversity and Inclusion Initiative. "As we look to the future of our marketplace and workforce, we recognize that huge demographic shifts are happening that impact our business model and require a new way of conducting business and ensuring community prosperity.”
Keynote speakers include Dr. Atira Charles and Bill Proudman. Dr. Atira Charles, CEO of Think Actuality, LLC, will lead the Breakfast Keynote Session. Bill Proudman, CEO and Founder of White Men As Full Diversity Partners, will lead the Lunch Keynote Session. According to Bill Proudman, “Excluding white male leaders from diversity and inclusion conversations can breed apathy or frustration that stifles leaders and diminishes work partnerships. To transform workplace culture, this dominant group must play an important role.”
Attendees will chose between three of nine workshops. Topics covered throughout the Summit include the following:
- Art of Conversation: Using Vocal Art to Advance Inclusion
- Breakthrough Brain Science Approaches for Gender Inclusion and Advancing Women’s Leadership
- Latino Immigrants Making an Impact: Challenges and Opportunities in the South and Nationwide
- Leading Bravely: Advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Leading with Vision: Leveraging and Inclusion-minded C-Suite to Advance Profitability
- LGBTQ Inclusion: Finding Commonality in Our Multiple Identities
- Measuring Corporate Commitment Through Executive Leadership
- Navigating Four Generations in the Workplace
- Subtle Discrimination: Being Aware of Unintended Offenses
- The Art of Unmasking: Identities Impact One’s Workplace and Life Experiences
- The Role of White Men in Equity and Inclusion
The LEVERAGE. LAUNCH. LEAD. Networking Reception will provide an opportunity for attendees to celebrate diversity, continue discussions and meet one-on-one with presenters. Local artists from Greenville Center for Creative Arts will also create live-art inspired by the “Leveraging Human Difference” theme during the reception.
The Greenville Chamber is expecting approximately 400 attendees. Registration is $100 for Chamber Investors and $125 for all others. After October 3, the price will increase by $50. The Summit qualifies for 6.5 Professional Development Credits for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SC and has met HR Certification Institute's® criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Registration, the full schedule and additional information can be found online at www.greenvillechamber.org.